Stonehenge

Photobucket

Photo by Linda Cronin (click here to see her photos on Flickr)

Stonehenge has been on my list of places I want to go since I was a teenager. In my first scrapbook I have a picture of Stonehenge and wrote to the side, "My Dream Vacation". I haven't been quite as excited about it since my parents went there though. They said it was a disappointment because it is right off the freeway, but I would still love to go there. It seems like such an amazing place to be. My sister Angie served a LDS mission near here a few years back. One of her flats had a view of a castle. I have always wanted to see where she lived. Seems like such a beautiful place to visit.

As I have been looking up information on my ancestors I see (thanks to Google Earth) they lived within 5 miles of Stonehenge in Netheravon, Wiltshire, England. Do you think they ever played at Stonehenge? Wouldn't that be fun?

What parts of the world do you want to visit one day?

10 comments:

Boquinha said...

Italy. Portugal again. Paris. Pretty much most of Europe.

Amy said...

I too have always wanted to go there! Also on my list: Easter Island and Peru to see Machu Picchu!
This is an amazing and exciting world we live in!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Amy, we think the same. I really want to see Machu Picchu too.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oh and Stacy, I want to go to that place your ancestors are from.

Boquinha said...

Ah, the Azores. Yes, beautiful islands!

Jillo said...

I would love to see anywhere, but I think our next big destination will be Canada. My grandma is from there and I have never been to her home town.

Boquinha said...

Oooh, Jill! After our road tripping this past year, that's one of our next trips, too! We're doing Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa, up and over to Prince Edward Island, and back through New England with stops in VT to tap maple from a tree and tour the Ben and Jerry's factory, and also spend some time in my home state of MA and RI. Wanna come? I hear we need passports for Canada now.

Angie LeBaron said...

We didnt' get to go in because it closed early. It is not as excited in person because it is right off the freeway. But the pictures make it look awesome. And all of England is pretty...so it is still worth going over there.

J Fo said...

Ireland, Scotland and ENGLAND!!! That's really it. I would love to travel all over the place, but for as long as I have loved Literature I have wanted to go to Great Britain and see all of the places that these great writers saw and lived. Poets corner here I come!

Boquinha said...

Jess, let's do it together!! I'm up for it. :) How fun would that be?