For My Entire Life

Yesterday Megan is in tears because she wants the new Barbie in the Mermaid Tail doll so bad.

Today as I was cleaning Megan's room I find Barbies everywhere. I said to her, "Wow! You have a lot of Barbies". She told me, "Yeah, but I don't ever play with them anymore". I asked why she would want a new doll if she didn't play with her old ones. She said, "It's because I have wanted the new one for my entire life ever since I found out there was one".

Very dramatic statement, don't you think? It's actually true though. Ever since she saw Noelle's doll two days ago, she has wanted one. Fortunately for her, she gets one tonight. Her dad is bringing her back one as a souvenir from California. She's going to be thrilled. I will be able to sleep well knowing I am teaching her that crying never works. Sigh.

5 comments:

Jillo said...

A girl's gotta know she has a few tricks up her sleeve for getting her way, right? And besides, how can you say no that cute face?

Angie LeBaron said...

That is so funny to me. Funny Meg. What a character. I remember wanting a Cabbage Patch Doll more than anything in the world and being so disappointed when I didn't get one. Jenny had one and with special newborn diapers from her mom and the hospital. Thanks for the laugh. Keith will be the hero tonight (:

Boquinha said...

Such a funny post! I love how dramatic kids are with those lines. :P

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

So cute! Megan will be so thrilled! Don't you love little girls!

Emily said...

Isaac is that way too, but with Transformers. He barely plays with them anymore but every time we go to Target he begs and begs for a new one. "But you don't play with your old ones!" I tell him. It does no good. He HAS to have the new one. Funny.