A Little Deep

One of my favorite things my church teaches is that children are perfect and are guaranteed a spot in heaven if they die. Parents are also promised they can raise these children after they die. My kids are healthy and strong. I'm so grateful for that. Still, I can't imagine how depressing it would be to not have this knowledge and to think that death is the end. I'd constantly be so nervous, scared and frustrated with life. Even with this knowledge I know loosing a child would be the hardest thing someone could ever face, but at least this knowledge could give a person something to hold on to.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that this doctrine is true. Every time I hear of a kid dying on the news or TV I think, "I have to send them a Book of Mormon so they know they can be with their little boy again." Such good news.

DottieLou said...

I have been to the funeral of a young boy who's Mother did not know this, and it was truely the saddest thing I ever witnessed. She (my cousin) was never quit the same again. Although she allowed me (,y husband) to do his Temple work (he was 14when he died) and she was greatful.