2 Days and 10 Miles

These top two pictures were taken two days and about ten miles apart. I just love living here. I love that one day I have my kids in shorts, then the very next day I'm skiing in fresh snow just a few miles from my house.

Sidewalk chalk is going to be the big thing at my house this year. The kids are getting really creative. Megan started drawing, then the neighborhood kids started drawing bike parking and exit signs. Next thing you know my driveway is full of bike paths drawn with chalk. It's really fun.

Photobucket

The picture above (taken with my iPhone) is from my last ski day of the year. It was really hard to get good pictures because it was so cloudy. As a matter of fact, the north face of Snowbird was pretty scary to ski because it was so incredibly foggy. You could barely see in front of you. I had to go really slow and follow people to make sure I didn't get into a bad area. Driving up the canyon was really scary too. I could only see 10 feet or so in front of me. Luke was going to ski with me that day. I'm so glad he didn't. Mineral Basin, where the picture was taken, was really fun to ski. I went into some more challenging areas since I didn't have Luke. It wasn't foggy on that side, but it was still really hard to see because everything was so white and it was starting to snow. All the little black dots in the picture are people trying to decide the best place to start down.

I only got to ski for 2 hours because I had other things going on that day, but it was fun while it lasted and I think it's really cool I can cruise up the mountain, ski and come home in a few hours.

Last August I took the picture below on the right with the idea in mind I would take a picture in the same area in the winter. My iPhone picture on the left isn't really great, but it's still fun to see next to the summer picture. I love that we have four distinct seasons here.

Photobucket

Goodbye winter.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those are some awesome pictures! We broke out the sidewalk chalk yesterday too, only we drew a whole sidewalk-full of spiders.

Boquinha said...

I love that you live in the right place for you and we live in the right place for us. I read your posts and think, "That is so not me!" (with regard to skiing, snowboarding, driving in snow, etc.). But yet I think it's great that it IS perfect for you and that there's a perfect (yet different) place for me, too. There's something very neat about that. What a cool world.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Thanks Stacy. That is cool that there are different perfect places for all of us.