WOW!

Photobucket

How cool is this? Oh my! I would love to be this close. Wow. I scuba dive and have seen some neat things, but nothing quite like this. I've never seen a shark either. Keith and I did some of our first dives in Tobago and the group we were with said they saw some of the biggest sharks they had ever seen on one of our dives. Neither Keith or I saw them. The people who saw them dove all around the world, so if they were impressed, I'm sure the sharks were awesome. Oh well.

I have been able to swim with manta rays in the Great Barrier Reef. That was amazing. I just followed them around and snorkeled a couple feet above them for quite a while. I've also seen a lot of big beautiful turtles, tiny sea horses and I *think* I saw a poisonous sea snake in Fiji. I'm not sure but it sure looked like one.

One of my goals is to see a whale shark. Whale sharks are about as big as a bus. I have a friend that saw one on her very first dive. It was a shore dive too. How cool is that?

Can you tell I still have Tahiti on my mind? One day... one day I'll make it there.

Check out these pictures on MSNBC.com. It's a picture slide show of "Natures Best Photography". Amazing pictures!

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

You have such an adventurous spirit, April! I'm not quite *that* adventurous. I like NOT seeing sharks. :P It does look beautiful and Tahiti sure sounds nice (it'll sound even nicer in about 3 months when it's cold!!) :)

DottieLou said...

you are brave... I will snorkle but have no interest in diving.. I did your tag... thx

Jillo said...

I am not going to lie, if I saw that thing underwater I think I would pee my pants! (or swimsuit.) That is an amazing picture though, I can't believe the luck and timing.

Amy Herzog said...

This is such an AMAZING picture. I want the camera! haha.

I would have peed in my wetsuit and had a heart attack under water if I was that close to THAT big of a fish.
OR, I would have gotten eaten or forgot to breathe. Anyone of thee above! :)