Vernal Grandmas

The kids and I went to Vernal, UT to visit their great grandmas (on Keith's side) this weekend. Luke asks to go all the time so we finally went even though Keith couldn't go. It was a great trip. We often take the 7 hour round trip drive in one day, but we decided to stay and I'm so glad because we had a great time.

Here is a scrapbook page of Grandma Pope's house. This is from a trip a couple years ago, but the rest of the pictures are from this weekend. I put this layout in the Back to School CD.

Photobucket

Emil and Grandma Pope were great to be with. I didn't get any pictures of Emil this time but I have some really nice ones from previous trips. I'll have to post those later. Grandma Pope is so much fun. She is really upset with the neighbor cats right now because she says they ate all the snakes and she really wanted the kids to be able to catch them. Oh well. She helped the kids collect all sorts of things to throw in her canal and they had a great time doing that.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandma Oaks isn't doing very well. It's so hard to hold a conversation with her anymore but we still enjoyed being with her. The kids were really sweet and gave her plenty of hugs. She has such a radiant smile when the kids hug her. It makes me happy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This isn't the most flattering picture of Megan and her grandma but I wanted to post it because I was shocked how much they looked alike in this picture.

Photobucket

This last picture melts my heart. Luke is such a sweet brother and I love that he let his sister lay on him for the movie.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Stacy said...

What a fun trip you guys had! I'm sure both grandmas loved every minute of it. Thanks for sharing.

Jillo said...

Once again, I am so impressed at what a fun mom you are. I think you are so awesome to go and do all the fun stuff you guys do. That picture of Megan and Grandma Oaks was too great. They really do look alike. Sometimes I see a flash of Megan in Lucy too. I guess I know where it comes from.

Boquinha said...

Thanks for posting these--so good to see Grandma Pope (or "Amy the Great" as we call her). :)