I'M A LIAR!!!!!!! (Customizing Blogs)

How long has it been since I said I would post the fourth tutorial for Customizing Blogs for Dummies? Geez. I'm sorry I haven't kept my promise to post it forever ago. The last tutorial has to do with changing out all of the images. I'll post more later but here is the main part of the final tutorial:

Look through your HTML code for any URL's. Copy those URLs into your address bar to see what they are. You can then copy those pictures onto your computer, then put them in Photoshop and change them. I usually just find out what size the picture was and then I replace that picture completely with something new that is created the exact same size.

Once you create your new images, you can upload them to a place like http://www.photobucket.com/, copy the URL and put it in your HTML code (replacing the old URL). Note: Make sure that Photobucket doesn't resize your images or it won't look right on your blog.

You can also simply delete the URLs you find in your HTML code you don't like. You don't have to replace it if you like that spot blank.

Here is a link to the last tutorial.

3 comments:

kms handmade said...

April, I've customized my blog several times, and your tutorial is really easy to follow. I have one hang up... How do you get the numbers for the font colors? I look in the html and I see #3333 or whatever. Where does that come from?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Just google "Web Color Chart" You'll find all sorts of links to color charts that have the right numbers to use in your HTML code.

I often can't figure out what color code goes to what on my blog so I usually change things to red, then preview it to see what it changed. Then I "clear changes" to go back to the original color or I change it to the actual color I want if it was the text I was looking to change.

kms handmade said...

Oh that's easy enough! :) Thanks April! You're the best!