1st Grade

Photobucket



According to Luke, his first day of school was great! I'm so happy for him. What a relief. I've been nervous. Maybe not nervous as much as anxious. Anxious to know he was going to be happy.

On the way out the door today, he was really cute checking off everything on his mind. In a very serious voice he listed off the things he remembered he needed for school, and then told me he thought he had it all and was good to go. So cute!!!! When we got to school, Jaclyn his best friend from last year, found him, gave him a hug and held his hand. They hold hands a lot. Ha ha. Tanner and Zoe found him next and I got the group shot you see above. From left to right: Zoe, Tanner (Luke's cousin), Jaclyn and Luke.

Zoe gave Luke the biggest compliment last year. I was talking to her one day, while volunteering at the school, and asked if she was friends with Luke. She told me yes, but she wasn't his girlfriend. According to her, she and Jaclyn had a fight in the beginning of the year over who would be Luke's girlfriend and Jaclyn won. Ha ha. I wanted to burst out laughing but I kept my calm. It's all for the best. She and Tanner became boyfriend/girlfriend and since Tanner is Mr. Popular, that's a big compliment to her. For the record, I do NOT encourage this boyfriend/girlfriend thing but Luke absolutely adores Jaclyn and I'm glad he has a good friend (even if it's a hand holding friend). It will be a sad day when one of them finds out the other has cooties.

4 comments:

Jillo said...

Minus the whole, I love my kids thing, I think the day was a great success! I love that someday we will look back on these pictures and think how little and cute they were. What a great day! Now we get to do it all againg tomorrow.

Stacy said...

So cute! I'm glad that Luke had a good first day.

Emily said...

what cute kiddos. They seem so grown up!

Boquinha said...

How fun that the cousins get to be together!!