Today Was The Day!!

Photobucket

Today was a day I've been anxiously waiting for! Megan swam for the first time!!! I took her swimming with me after her swim lesson and all the sudden she took off in the water. I'm so proud of her. She swam on her belly and could go about 5 feet before needing air. When she learns how to breath while swimming she'll do great! It was so exciting to see her cute little body float while she was swimming. Ahhhh! I'm so happy! Cute Luke (2.5 years older) still can't swim. Actually, I know he could, but he is just so scared to put his head in the water. He's getting really close though.

The kids have a really cute swim teacher named Jeffrey. He is only 16, but he is an incredible teacher (and this is his first class he has ever taught). Today in class, I was thrilled with the things Jeffrey was having the kids do. I'm pretty sure Luke was swimming a tiny bit but I couldn't tell from where I was. If he did swim he didn't go far because he would stop before his face went in the water. That's ok. He'll get it. Luke did go under the water for a toy today. It was totally scary for him but he did it! I think that now that Megan is swimming Luke will catch on soon too.

By the way... notice the date on the photos. These are old pictures. It's fun for me to see how much they have grown in two years. Also, (a little advertising plug here) that measuring tape is from the Oh Boy CD and there are a bunch of those quote bubbles in the Playground CD.

0 comments: