Preserving History

So, I've wanted to start a blog for a while but I've resisted for a couple reasons:

  1. I want to make sure I save my blog pages and I hate the idea of printing my blog and having it format funny.
  2. I hate the idea of my pictures being printed low quality.
  3. There is always the chance I won't print my blog. No! I couldn't let that happen!

As you can see I decided to start blogging anyway because:

  1. It's fun.
  2. I love that my family and friends can read up on our lives when they feel like it.
  3. I think it will help me write more. I think personal history is important.
  4. Even if this blog prints funny, and the pictures are low quality, I'll still have more memories written down because of it.
  5. Already, I notice I have a different perspective as I blog verses write in my journal. I'm thinking of other people as I write this blog and want to write things that family and friends might be interested in. I think that is great because it will motivate me to write a little bit more than I usually do.

Now that I'm blogging I'm not going to stop writing in my journal, and I'm certainly not going to stop scrapbooking. I love both of those. Recently I stopped writing in my paper journals and started keeping a journal on the computer. I found a program called "The Journal" that runs on your computer (not the internet). It's awesome. I love the program! Here is a link in case any of you are interested in trying it. I love how I can easily put pictures next to my journal entries with "The Journal" and with this blog. It makes it so much more fun. Scrapbooking is also a lot of fun. As many of you know, I love scrapbooking so much I designed a business around it. Here is a link to my company website and here is a link to some of my scrapbook pages.

Just for fun. Here are my second and third journal entries. I was eight years old when I wrote them. You can't read the inside very well because I tore them out of my journal. I remember I thought they were ugly but fortunately I didn't throw them away and found them a couple years later when I was more sensible :) I'm glad I still have them.

The grandparents I'm referring to is my Grandma and Grandpa Thorup. They were in England visiting my Aunt. I have a couple other journal entries talking about how much I missed them during that trip.

See that flower? I remember thinking I was a talented artist after drawing that. It was really disappointing to look at it years later. Ha ha. I don't remember a lot of things that I write down but I clearly remember this.

Photobucket

0 comments: