My Mother-in-Law

I thought it might be fun to write some things about each of my family members. It might take me years to get through everyone because knowing me I'll get distracted and take a long break before getting back to it. That's ok, it's still good to get started, right?

I want to write about my mother-in-law, Linda Oaks first. She may not like this on my "public" journal, so I hope she'll forgive me if that is the case. She is amazing and I am so lucky I married her son so I could have her as part of my life.

Random things I LOVE about Linda:

She has an amazing memory. I am so impressed with how well she remembers details. She usually buys the perfect gifts for everyone because she pays attention and remembers things I normally don't.

She is very patient.

She isn't judgemental. She accepts the people in her lives the way they are and doesn't try to change anyone or make anyone feel bad for the way they do things.

She is inviting. She is always happy to have us over.

She loves my kids. I feel very secure knowing how much my children are loved. Linda makes us feel like the most important people around.

She knows a little about everything. I'm very impressed with her.

She gives great advice. I can trust her with so many of the questions or concerns I have.

She used to accept dares to get stung by bees. What a random thing to put on my list, huh? I do love stories like this though. It's fun to hear about her childhood. On a dare, she used to stick her finger in a flower so she would get stung, then she would quickly put her finger in the mud. She said it didn't hurt if you did this. I'm not going to test it though.

I love that she has gone with us to Disneyland twice. She helped tend our kids while Keith and I worked at a convention. It was so nice to know that our kids were having fun.

She bought me a dress for Keith and my 1st wedding anniversary and sent it to my work as a surprise. It was so much fun to get! I was so excited, surprised and happy with that gift. The first few years of our marriage she bought me quite a few dresses. I felt like she was having fun finally having a girl around and I feel really lucky that I was the first girl married into the family for that reason.

We share the same beliefs and I love talking religion with her.

She went with me to St. George and tended my kids while I worked. I loved talking to her on that trip. There is a picture of her with the kids on that trip in the "blessed" entry below. It's on the top row, third picture over. We stayed at the Christmas Cottage at the Green Gate Village Historic Inn.

She feeds us dinner any Sunday we want to come over. She is a great cook too!

Her house is always clean and organized.

She helps me anytime I need something. Thanks Linda!

2 comments:

Jillo said...

April!!!!
I am so excited you started this. They are way fun and I have found so many long lost friends through it. Cute blog by the way. I really like the diversity of the posts and how they are more like a personal journal. Some new, fresh ideas to steal!
Looking forward to keeping tabs on you ;)
Jillyn

Barb said...

I love the idea of you writing about different family memebers. Your MIL sounds just like my mom!

Lovin' your blog April! Keep up the good work!