Our Lives Are So Easy

Photobucket

This picture was from a "week in pictures" feature I really enjoy on MSNBC.com All of the photographs are amazing. AMAZING! I really look forward to looking at the pictures. Many pictures are very artistic and happy but others are very very real and sad. Part of me wishes I could overlook the sad pictures but in other ways I'm grateful for the reminder that my problems really aren't that bad. This is a picture in China where 69,000 have died and 18,000 are still missing from the recent earthquake. Our lives are so easy compared to so many countries that struggle with things like this. My heart goes out to these people.


Here is a link to the "Week in Pictures" archive on MSNBC.com If you like photography, you will LOVE the pictures there.

As long as I'm showing you pictures on MSNBC.com, this link takes you to rare photos of an Amazon tribe. I watched a movie a long time ago I loved called, "End of the Spear". It was a fascinating look into the lives of a unknown tribe. It's a true story that starts with some Christian missionaries that were killed trying to save the tribe from a logging company encroaching on them (if I remember right). You can watch the preview here and see if it sounds at all interesting to you.

0 comments: