Best Sunday of the Year (Primary Program)

Although Luke is 12, he was asked to help narrate the primary program this year.  Luke's voice is getting really deep and it's so funny to hear his voice next to the other kids.  His voice changed so fast!!!  I'm guessing it changed the beginning of this past summer.  I have recordings of him talking last winter and his voice sounded like Megan's.   It's incredible how quick it changed!!  Now that the program is over he is really excited to be done with primary and move into Young Men's.  November 3rd he got the priesthood and November 7th he got to go to the temple for the first time.  I got to go with him.  It was awesome.  Keith and Megan came with us too and they just walked into the waiting room so Megan could kind of experience going to the temple.  It was neat having the entire family there.

Megan gave a talk in the primary program and did a great job.  I wrote the talk and then had her mark it up and change everything she wanted to make it her words.    Here it is:



My name is Megan, and I am a child of God. I love to sing. I‘d like to talk about a choir that I’m in. About a month ago I was really excited for my first performance with the International Children’s Choir. We were going to sing for the Ambassador of Moldova. A few days before the performance, I got sick. Unfortunately I got a pretty bad cough. I was really nervous that I wouldn’t be able to sing for the Ambassador, so I prayed that I would be ok. In D&C section 90 we are taught to "pray always, and be believing".


I also asked my dad to give me a priesthood blessing. In the blessing I was told that I would be able to sing without coughing. I continued to pray that I would be ok.
In D&C section 112: it says: Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall give thee answer to thy prayers:
 
I know Heavenly Father wants us to do our part when we ask him for things, so I tried to rest my voice, take vitamins, and even though I really didn’t want to, I ate a spoonful of honey every once in a while.

A couple hours before the performance, I was still coughing. My mom sent me off with my final spoonful of honey and two cough drops. I went to practice and kept coughing, but during the performance I was completely fine. I had no problems at all, just as I had been promised. It was a really exciting experience.

In a short time the primary will be singing, "A Child’s Prayer".

In the song it says, "Some say that heaven is far away, but I feel it close around me as I pray." I think that is true. I know I am a child of God. God’s love surrounds us. He hears our prayers. He loves his children.

We all deserve the blessings that come from prayer.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great updates! I love hearing how much your kids are growing up and all that they are doing! I can't wait until Christmas to see everyone!

Renae said...

Your kids are so great. And I absolutely cannot believe Luke is 12!