Luke's Talk (2008)

This talk is from 2008. I really like it so I wanted to save it here on my blog. Luke gave this talk in primary. Although he has a quiet personality, I'm impressed with how he has always been good at speaking in front of people. He's awesome. Once when giving a primary talk when he was real little, he had to go to the bathroom really bad in the middle of the talk. It was hilarious because he asked or told us he needed to go right in the middle of his talk, and when he came back he started off as calm as can be right where he left off. I was laughing so hard, but didn't let him see that. It was great seeing him stay calm, not embarrased at all.


Can everyone see my hands? *******

My hands are very special. I use my hands everyday for things like getting dressed, brushing my teeth, playing games, eating, and tickling my sister. Life would be hard without hands. My hands can even help me talk. If I wanted to say, “I love you Dad” I could do this… *******

My hands can help other people too. I can use my hands to help my teacher pick up papers, to help my mom wash the mirrors, and to feed my baby cousins. In Mosiah chapter 2 verse 17 we are taught, “When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God”. This means every time we do something nice for someone else Heavenly Father is happy because we are doing his work. I like to be nice. It makes me happy to make other people happy. On the mornings when Megan sleeps longer than me, I use my hands to find a doll or stuffed animal and put it next to her in her bed so that when she wakes up she’ll be happy. My mom says I’m making Heavenly Father happy too. Isn’t that great? One day I will be able to hold the priesthood and use my hands for even more good. I’ll be able to pass the sacrament, baptize people, and give blessings to people when they are sick. *******

This is a picture of me in the hospital when I was two years old. I was in the hospital because I couldn’t walk anymore. My mom and dad and lots of doctors were really scared. They were worried I would never be able to walk again. My dad and grandpa put their hands on my head and gave me a special blessing. The blessing said I would be able to walk, run and jump again, even though my doctors weren’t sure that could really ever happen. As you can see I am fine now. Our prayers were answered and the promise of that priesthood blessing was fulfilled. I’m excited to have the Priesthood one day and have the power to serve and help others even more. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet talk! I had never heard the story about him in the hospital, how scary for you, but what a great experience for you all to see prayers answered.

Matthew and Erin Hart said...

That is such a sweet talk. I love you, April. You are such a great Mom!