Thankful



Today is Thanksgiving.  I am truly grateful for so many things, especially my health and my family.  I'm also very grateful for good teachers.   Megan listens to her teachers and often comes home and does exactly what they teach her.  This week her Sunday School teachers (Linda and Margo) taught told her to do secret service and gave her a necklace with little pictures that said "secret service".  She hid the necklace under her shirt (so I wasn't supposed to see) and left the pictures throughout the week when she did service for me or her dad.  She doesn't know that I know it was her... but I'm a pretty good detective. 

Another teacher this week (Bethany) gave her an idea and some supplies for a thankful banner.  Right now Megan is cutting out leaves and making the banner.  At Thanksgiving dinner she is going to have everyone write their name and what they are grateful for on a leaf and put it on her banner. 

 
 
I'm also grateful for creative minds who put together fun things like the Big Bag of Science.  We got ours in the mail this week right before science club and had a ton of fun with it.  It is a huge kit and would take us a long time to finish all 70 activities.  We have done a lot of the things in the kit before, but its so much fun to do over and over.  Also, the instructions have some really fun ideas for new ways to use the products in the kit.  This would make a great Christmas gift.  If you get it, try Activity #14, "Don't Get Wet".  It's a magic trick using science.  So fun. 



Sometimes when you buy science kits the instructions are really hard to read and because of that aren't any fun.  Ugh.  We have wasted our money on a few science kits that looked great in the store. The instructions in this Big Bag of Science are great and easy to understand. 

I made a video of our science club using the Big Bag of Science.  Haha... videos are going to be my new thing now that I have iMovie :) 

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm thankful for you and your science posts! Isaac's science fair is this week and we're looking through your blog for ideas.

Boquinha said...

That science kit looks awesome! We're checking it out right now. Thanks for the recommendation. Your kids are getting so big! She looks like such a sweetie.