Goal: Eco-Cutie

This week I'm attending some real estate training.  One of the questions asked was who was taught to set goals by their parents.  I was one of the few that raised their hand.  That was shocking to me.  My parents have taught me as long as I can remember how important it is to set goals.  The speaker who asked the question went on to talk about how our society doesn't put a strong emphasis on goal setting.  What a shame.  I'm confident that goal setting is what has helped my parents become so successful.

Tonight I started talking to my kids about goals and asking them what physical possessions they want when they are 30.  My idea was to start talking about what they want so we can set goals to get them those wants.  Megan's answer was very detailed.  First she said she wanted a house, then she said she also wanted a small store where she could sell clothes she designed and made.  She would make the store solar powered and Eco-friendly.  I asked her why she wanted a small store and she said that if it was a small store it would be easier to have it be Eco-friendly and then she would name the store Eco-Cutie.   She also said she would sell all her designs really cheap.  She said by selling them cheap, she could sell more and eventually make more money than selling a few for more money.  This idea came from a previous conversation on businesses and how they work.  I wish I could remember more about what she said.  She was so detailed.  I had to cut her off eventually so we could move onto something else. 

Megan, in 2034, let's look back at this and see how you did.

3 comments:

Renae said...

Your kids are so smart. You and Keith are great parents and teach your kids great things!

Matthew and Erin Hart said...

You are an awesome mom! I can't wait to buy Eco-Cutie clothes!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Megan is very excited to hear that and will design you something special :)