Vrrrrmmmm!


Our family of motorcycles :)  Picture by Keith

I never thought I would own a motorcycle.  Even a couple months ago I would have never dreamed I would change my mind and we would have motorcycles.  Keith has been asking for one for a long time.  I kept saying I didn't want him to get one, but soon I realized I couldn't stop him and told him that if he was going to get one than I needed to have one too, because I think it's important we have things we like to do together.

Suddenly, not only did I have a motorcycle, we had four for the family!  Crazy!  We went back and forth between buying a Rzr or 4 Wheelers for the kids and ultimately decided that motorcycles were safer than 4 wheelers and that the Rzr wouldn't be as much fun for the kids because one would always have to be a passenger.  We've taken the motorcyles out twice now and had a great time although Megan won't go past 10-15 MPH and Luke isn't ready to go a lot faster.  It's hard to go that slow!!!

Before we bought the motorcycles we bought really good helmets and didn't pay much attention to the prices because we felt that was important.  Last night we bought a Spot GPS.  It's an emergency GPS that you can use to get help if you are ever somewhere you can't get cell phone service.  We are pretty excited about it.  This is going to be a fun new hobby!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Scary! :) My niece got married earlier this year and her husband loves to ride motorcycles. He drives them both to school (BYU-I) on one, and that's what they do every weekend--go to the mountains and ride dirtbikes. She had her first big crash this week and is currently afraid of motorcycles. Heh.

Good for you for buying the helmets! Also, my dad has one of those SPOT GPS things for when he goes hiking and sends us messages all the time that say "I'm okay, I'm just hiking" just to make sure it works. Neat.

Our next-door-neighbors take us on their Razor every now and then and my kids go crazy for it. It's a 4-seater and it looks fun. I've never tried it, but that kind of thing is really big here.

Renae said...

Fun! I love that you guys do such fun things. Motorcycles for everyone- love it. We did end up buying a motorcycle for Kyle too. He rides it to and from work all the time, and loves it. I've only been on it once, just down the street. Maybe next summer when he's more experienced and I'm not carrying precious cargo with me all the time we'll go out for rides on it together more often.

Mads said...

I had no idea y'all had motorcycles! That's so dang cool.