Fishing

Photobucket

The kids have been taking a fishing class this spring. It's the neatest class and only $10 for 6 weeks. Fortunately for me, Keith has taken the kids each week and I've tagged along a couple times. Originally I thought I would be the one taking them and I was really nervous I'd have to touch the fish and the worms so I was really glad when Keith came. However, if Keith didn't come there have been plenty of volunteers to help and I would have been just fine. The volunteers have been amazing. Our kids have learned a lot.

Megan finally caught her first fish this week. Luke still hasn't caught one (and we've been to 4 classes). Megan caught her fish with a worm she found in the backyard. I had the kids dig for worms before the class and they loved it. Megan is such a cool girl (unlike me). She will touch bugs and worms and fish without a problem. I barely like to even look at them, but I'm trying to be tougher and at least fake my "love" for these things so my kids will enjoy it and not be scared of things.

3 comments:

susan said...

My new favorite picture. This is awesome! ps Where do you find all of the fun things for your kids to do?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Thanks Susan! You are so nice. I happened to find out about this class from my friend, but apparently most of the cities around here have kids fishing classes so they should be easy to find in the spring.

I also find fun things to do by searching www.utahmama.com and community papers and websites. Sometimes I put reminders on my computer to remind me when fun activities are coming up.

Matthew and Erin Hart said...

That picture is amazing. :) You are seriously the coolest mom.