Random

I saw the movie Leap Year last night. It was sooooo good. My mom and I think it will be one of those classic love story movies in the same class as While You Were Sleeping. Best of all it was PG!! How refreshing.

After almost a year of looking for a friend to go to the gym with I have finally found not just one, but three friends to go with plus I know two people that are at the gym at the time I go. Yay.

I miss working out with you Jennifer. I miss hanging out with you too.

Megan's reading has drastically improved this past month. So fun!!

I'm doing good with my 2010 goals so far and I'm so happy I'm doing them.

I have so much food storage thanks to gifts from my parents, in-laws and the things I have done over the past few years. More on that another day...

I spent an incredible amount of time reading the NieNie Dialogs this week. Thanks Lynette and the others that told me about it. I still have a lot more to read. NieNie was in a horrible plane crash that burned about 85% of her body. Her story is fascinating to me and I love reading about her courage. I wanted to read from the beginning so started reading her blog from the first post, switched to her sisters for a while and now I'm back to hers. It's interesting to see how she faces life and reflects on her faith in God.

I have also been reading Iron Heart. It's a true story of how a man survived a horrible car crash and was told he would never walk again. Now he is racing in Iron Man triathlons. It's so interesting to me to learn what it was like to wake up from a medically induced coma and deal with his problems. I started reading the "look inside" part of the book on Amazon and was hooked. It's an inspiring book.

I love having my kids around. I love talking to them. I love helping them. But why do they always seem to need me right when I sit down.

I am really excited about the retreat!

I'm excited about the Digi Olympics but it's so much work I'm a bit nervous about hosting it.

I took a free ice skating lesson the other week and the instructor taught us how to spin. It's not that hard, but I couldn't quite get the motion down more than once in the 10 or 15 minutes I practiced. I can't wait to try again.

Ice skating at Solitude is my favorite!!! I'm just nervous to go again after sliding my car off the road last year. I need to find a good time to go in the day, rather the night. The night is so beautiful though...sigh...

Why can't I keep my house clean? I need motivation to push a little harder each day.

I am so excited for spring and summer, but don't want the winter to end. It would be great if I could pick and choose which days were which season.

As long as it's winter I sure wish it would snow some more. We need more snow for sledding near my house.

Luke likes to read science and nature books. I love that about him. His newest book he got from the school library is called the Journey of a Light Beam.

I had a really yummy barbecue chicken sandwich at Red Robin yesterday. I wish I could have it again right now.

I'm really surprised neither of my kids have freckles. I always thought my kids would have lots of freckles like I did.

8 comments:

Amy Herzog said...

Nice Randoms April. It's always nice to relive yourself of those random thoughts somewhere. lol

Why do our kids need us RIGHT when we sit down? Especially downstairs, after I have been doing stuff upstairs for hours, where caulen just requests somthing for me to get him...upstairs-_-. lol

Boquinha said...

Wow. What a thought. If I could choose any season for any day, I'd choose summer DAILY!! Cute post, April!

Amy said...

Random, yes. Great, yes! Love this post! It was fun to read what has been on your mind these days!

Renae said...

I'm so glad you liked Leap Year. I want to see it, and you saying that makes me want to see it even more!

Nie Nie is in my ward here in Provo. I haven't ever interacted with her, but from her blog and from what I've seen of her in church, she is amazing.

Red Robin in also amazing. It's a Hill Family favorite restaurant. mmm...

Angie LeBaron said...

I like to hear your random thoughts. That is a good collection of random things. I do think your kids got some Oaks blood in them with that fair hair and no freckles.

Jamie Hamblin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Hamblin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Hamblin said...

Yay I like it when peolpe give reviews about movies... I usually wait until they come out on DVD but I might just have to see this one. PG too? Sweet!