Random

Just some random thoughts...

I got asked to be the cub committe chairperson. I never thought I would like this calling, but I'm pretty excited about it right now. I'm anxious to get everything organized and learn all about cub scouts. There are three cub scout dens in our pack: Wolfs, Bears and Weblows. I guess I'm in charge to make sure the den leaders have what they need, keep track of awards and organize monthly pack meetings. The boy scouts have tons of things online now making it totally easy to get started and keep things running. I love the computer!

I got released as the secretary for the Stake Relief Society. I really loved that calling. I mostly loved it because of the ladies I served with. I learned so much from them! I feel extremely lucky I was able to learn from them. It was a great experience! I'll especially miss attending all of the other wards in our stake. I loved going to church and meeting new people from time to time.

We have such great friends and family.

My kids are doing great in school. Megan is so excited to be in kindergarten. She just looks so proud when she is in line to go into the school. Luke has tons of homework this year, but doesn't complain!!! It's amazing! He's actually happy doing it. In kindergarten he'd have homework that would only take 3 minutes if he got to work but he would cry and cry and it would take an hour or two every day!!!

Megan can read now. It's so exciting! It's amazing to me how both of my kids seemed to learn to read overnight. Of course they didn't though. I have been working with them since they were babies (seriously). I LOVE to teach my kids how to read! It's so much fun. It feels like they learn overnight though because one day they are struggling and then all of the sudden something clicks and they get it. I've really got to write a blog post about teaching your kids to read. It's one of my favorite topics.

Luke got an award for "Reading Expression". I felt like it was an award for me too, because I work so hard to help my kids read like they are talking. Reading is so much more fun like that. One of these days I need to record Luke reading one of his favorite books. He reads it with so much expression it is absolutely so much fun to listen to.

I love volunteering in the kids classes at school. LOVE it!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I've been volunteering in Isaac's kindergarten class this year and so far I've LOVED it. I've only gone 3 times but it's so fun to be in there and see him interacting and being such a good kid--a side of him I rarely see at home! :)

I would love to learn more about teaching kids to read, Isaac is still struggling.

Boquinha said...

Agreed. I think that when our kids learn to read, it is as exciting as first words and first steps!

Amy said...

Good luck in Cub Scouts! You will be great at it!

susan said...

I love your random thoughts. I would love a post about teaching kids to read.