October 3rd (and more of the Olympic Park)

Photobucket

Girl’s Night Out – Digital Scrapbook Open House
Saturday, October 3rd
6-9 p.m.
Larry Miller Conference Center in Sandy, UT
SLCC Miller Conference Center; 9750 South 300 West Sandy, UT (see map here)
$5 per person or FREE (read how here)

What should I expect?
Mini workshops and classes will be going on throughout the entire night for all skill levels. Each class and workshop will focus on how to scrapbook using Adobe Photoshop. You can come for the entire event or for just a portion of the night.

6:00 to 7:30 Activities

Beginner Class – children may attend but need to be quiet. If your kids aren’t able to be very quiet you will still have plenty of learning opportunities in the workshops.

Intermediate and Slightly Advanced Workshops – You’ll have opportunities to ask questions as well as learn how to create specific layouts and hybrid projects.

Cropping Area – If you just want to come and scrapbook, we’ll have a place for you to set up your computer. We’ll also have Wacom tablets for you to test!

7:30 to 9:00 Activities

Slightly Advanced Class – We’ll teach you several fun Photoshop tips in this class. There will be several two minute breaks to allow you to come and go if you also want to check out the workshops during this same time.

Beginner and Intermediate Workshops – Learn the basics of Adobe Photoshop and get lots of fun project ideas.

Cropping Area – If you just want to come and scrapbook, we’ll have a place for you to set up your computer. We’ll also have Wacom tablets for you to test!

Do I need a computer?
No, but if you bring one we will have a place for you to scrapbook.

Kids?
Kids are welcome to this event and will be let in for free (14 and under). We’ll have some small toys you can buy your kids if they need some help being quiet. Children MUST be with an adult at all times.


Also... a little more on our fun day yesterday...

Photobucket

The Olympic Park is incredible. I didn't realize how much you could do up there for free. Most of what we did would have been really expensive if we didn't have Jake (thanks Jake!), but there are lots of fun things to do up there for free. There are lots of neat things to look at. My favorites free things would be riding up the chair lift (for free) and looking down at the ski jump. I also loved watching the different events (bobsled and ski jumping in the pool).

Yesterday Keith and I got to do the bobsled twice, two different zip lines and the Quicksilver which is their alpine slide. The kids got to do the slide with us. The alpine slide there is my favorite compared to Park City and Snowbird. I loved it!!! The kids loved it too. Megan was a little speed demon. Megan and I were laughing so hard because she kept trying to speed us up and was making me a little nervous. I don't usually get very nervous so it made me laugh really hard when she kept wanting to go faster. I guess that wouldn't make most moms laugh, but it was hilarious to me because we were safe.

The zip lines were totally fun but aren't scary to me anymore. I used to feel such anxiety waiting for the doors to open. I wish the zip line could go on for an hour rather than less than a minute. . I would love to fly through the sky for a long time. Fun!

The bobsled was so different than what I thought it would be. I loved experiencing it. I never knew what 4 Gs of force would feel like. I couldn't believe how heavy my helmet felt as we sped up. The first time we went I got to be in third position with no one in 2nd. Keith was in forth position and couldn't see much, but I could because their was space in front of me. Keith got a better view on the second run, but I wish he could have seen more like I did on the first run. FYI - 1st position is the driver, then 2nd, 3rd and 4th (the back).

We are so lucky we got to go! Jake (my cousin's awesome husband) is a driver on the bobsled. I loved having him take us down the track. Do you remember this picture??? That's Jake. I still laugh every time I see that picture of them with my kids.

Next year for my birthday or Christmas I want money to go to the Olympic Park and do the ski jump in the pool. It looks like so much fun to me!!! If you check it out you'll see it's not as scary as it sounds. They have little jumps.

1 comments:

Emily said...

at my last triathlon i actually won the grand prize, which was a ski jump into the pool at the olympic park, but i had already left and couldn't claim it. i was so mad! looks like so much fun.