Where Did the Summer Go?

Wow! This summer flew by. I can't believe the party is over and we are back to the school routine starting tomorrow. Here are several pictures from our Teton vacation with my family.

Photobucket
Above: Our campsite minus one tent that is just out of view. We always stay at Colter Bay. I love it there.

Below: I LOVE this picture of my brother and his youngest two kids. His kids are so lucky to have him for a dad.


Photobucket



Below: One of our favorite things was dipping our feet in the lake water. This is Taggart Lake. The kids did a great job hiking the 1.5 miles (3 round trip) to get here.
Photobucket

Photobucket Above: One of these pictures wasn't posed! I can't remember which one. Well, actually it was because it took me so long to get my camera, but it wasn't posed at first. I love these kids.

Below: Luke requested this picture. He wants to print it and "keep it in his collection". He has only requested a couple pictures in his lifetime, so this was a big deal. This boat driver took us on a somewhat wild ride accross Jenny Lake and soaked one half of the boat. Luke thought it was hilarious. He was one of the wettest and was totally happy.

Photobucket


Photobucket



Above and Below: Our Taggart Lake hike. The girls were so adorable and were having a great time. I had a really hard time enjoying their adorable actions though. They were walking so slow and had to stop all the time! They did speed up occasionally and run the wrong way back down the trail, only to have to turn around and need a break. Sigh. I would have enjoyed it more but I was in charge of lunch and half of the family was way ahead. Below right: Grandpa and Grandma stopped about a half a mile into the trail and waited by a gorgeous river. I love the sound of rushing water! I have been hiking this trail since I was little with my grandparents. I remember this area before the fire, then I remember hiking it almost every year since the fire up until the time I got married. It has been so much fun watching the area regrow. You can barely tell there was ever a fire anymore, aside from the fact that the trees are smaller. I love that I have been able to hike this trail so many times with my family.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Above: My favorite picture of the trip.
Below: The last time we were in the Tetons, Megan was about this age. I have some cute pictures of her in her diaper playing in the water too. I need to post them side by side.
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love my family!

Photobucket
Below: This was her "Ariel" rock. Remember Little Mermaid? Haha. So cute!


Photobucket

10 comments:

Renae said...

Looks like fun! You got some great pictures.

Jillo said...

Great pictures. This looks like such a fun trip. I love that your family does such fun things together.
Your are right, though, this summer totally flew by!!! Kinda makes me sad too, we have had such a great time over here as well.

Gina said...

Such cute pictures. Your kids are getting so big!

Stacy said...

I love the pictures of Luke and Megan! They are so cute together! I didn't see any pictures of you or Keith!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I have a lot more pictures, but felt like I shouldn't post them all. I got some good pictures with Keith and thankfully someone else took pictures of me so I can be remembered in the history. I'm always the one behind the camera.

Boquinha said...

Lovely pictures! Glad you had such a nice time!

Amy Herzog said...

Looks so peaceful! What a great getaway! :)

Kate said...

How fun!!! I love the Tetons too. I haven't been back for 6 or 7 years. I told J that we should go when Ella is a bit older, maybe next year. Your little family is getting so big, but I guess the whole extended family's families are getting that way. How fun :)

Jen said...

How fun to see everyone. I miss you guys so much - these remind me of our days camping in Zion's when we were little, only it's the "next generation". (o: What fun memories for all the cousins! I love your new scrapbooking designs - fun stuff. I'm amazed you know how to do so many things! (o: Love ya!

Jenny said...

LOVE the pictures of your kids from the back looking out at the mountain and lake- so cute! Looks like a great spot. Family vacations are the best! :)