Valentines (continued)

I got the inspiration for Luke's valentine (shown in the last post) from here. I'm not sure if that is where the idea originated from, but it's where I saw it first. I love it. Note: the sucker would have looked more real in his hand (on my valentine) if I had used an exact-0 to cut a slot on top and below his glove.

I found and modified a template for the heart card here. There is a tutorial on the DSM website that explains the process of using a template like this. I actually had to do a little extra work to make the rounded corners work on this card than what is shown in that tutorial. Ask if you can't figure it out on your own. I get e-mails when I get comments so I'll know if you ask a question even if you post two years from now. I don't want to write it out if no one needs me to, but I'd love to help you if you do need help.

Here is what the card looked like on my computer before I printed it out.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Gina said...

Those are very cute. I am so wimpy. I am just realizing that I have NEVER made anything that wasn't either a square or rectangle. I have never ventured into the shapes. This is a cute idea. I love the picture of Megan. She is looking so grown up. Her haircut is adorable.

susan said...

ditto to everything Gina said!