My First Album

Emily tagged me, and since I'm a sucker for wasting time I did it. It actually has something to do with what I was going to post on next anyway. I am going to post about graphic design through the ages. Any of us are capable of the graphic design they were doing 30 years ago.

Photobucket

To make your own album, follow these instructions:

band name: go to wikipedia, hit "random article" (or click here and click on random article). the first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band. -- mine was Tokatee Klootchman State Natural Site, but I think you'll agree it was best to shorten it.

album title: go to "random quotations" (or click here and click on random quotes). the last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album. --mine was "Absolutely No Good"

cover art: go to flickr and click on "explore the last seven days" (or click here). third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. Truthfully, I cheated and did not use the third picture. I kept hitting refresh until I liked the third picture I found. Photo by Kretyen

Use Photoshop, Picasa or any other program to put it all together.

3 comments:

Emily said...

April, that one is AWESOME! I actually got that random article too (the second time I visited). Weird.

Brooke said...

Ha ha, this made me laugh! This is awesome, I totally want to do it. :) I think you should go for it and really start the "Tokatee Klootchman" band. I'd come to your concert.

Jen said...

Ha! That's cool. So what kind of music would it be? Maybe you should take it a step further and write some songs. (O: