Amy, April and the Ice

Photobucket



Amy and I have talked about skating for several weeks (maybe months) and we finally got out yesterday! It was so much fun. I really enjoyed skating with a grown up for a change. Is there anyone else out there who would want to go with me (us)? Amy and I would both really like to take lessons too. When we were skating yesterday we were watching a couple people older than us practicing - they were so GOOD! One guy just started taking lessons within the past year or so (I think). We also saw a little girl taking private lessons and another girl (below) practicing jumps and twirls with a coach. Look at the neat harness she is wearing. It makes so much sense that they use those to train, but I never knew! Wouldn't it be fun to try that?

Isn't Amy's ice skating outfit the cutest? Also, notice my *new* skates. Keith bought them for me for Christmas. They are big and funny looking but they work GREAT and I love them!!



Photobucket

Flowers and tape from the Family Ties CD.

3 comments:

Amy said...

It was so much fun! I really want to go again soon, but I will have to wait until my stomach muscles heal from the face plant I took. I am so sore today! HA! It was worth the pain!

Jason & Kelli West said...

April, it looks like you guys had so much fun! Skating with an adult is more fun than with kids!! I love your new skates! I'm sure you are doing fabulous! I must say taht I am so proud of you for how you keep up on your blog! GO YOU!! You rock April (as I have said many times before)!!

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

April,
It looks like you had a blast!! I am lucky to stay on my feet while ice skating. I would love to go sometime--I think that would be so fun! It looks like you have done this before. You look really gracefull!