Swimming With Santa

Photobucket

Last night we went swimming with Santa. I expected him to be in a red wet suit or something, but as you can see, he didn't actually get in the water. He did let all of the wet kids sit on his lap though. My kids were so excited to talk to him. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

In the past week in a half we have been skiing twice, swimming three times and ice skating twice. Wow. We need to stay this busy all the time! I'll have to post some ice skating pictures sometime. Luke especially loves ice skating. It's exciting for me because I love it so much! Actually I love all three activities fairly equal (skiing, skating and swimming). It is great that my kids are finally to an age that I can do these things with them easier. I figure the more I take them, the better they will get and the more fun it will be for me.

As long as we are only gone 2-3 hours, I have discovered it is actually more relaxing to go out and do things than it is to sit at home and try to entertain the kids. I find if I'm gone much longer than that I'm exhausted when I get home. Also, the more we go, the better my system is for leaving the house which makes things so much more fun for me.

6 comments:

Amy Herzog said...

So awesome!! Caulen keeps pointing at the pictures saying "LOOK SANTA CLAUSE!" lol. What a great idea and really fun pictures.

I am kinda glad Santa Clause found the fountain of youth because trying to imagine him in a speedo at his normal age is a little wrong. HAHAHA jk. :)

Boquinha said...

LOL! You sound like a homeschooling family. :P Dang, how do you fit it all in on top of school??

WAY cute pictures. A little odd to see Santa at the pool, but very cool!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Thanks Stacy. That is a real compliment to me. I love taking my kids to do things and I love turning every activity we do into a learning activity. I love teaching my kids!! It’s by far one of my favorite things to do. However, I don’t have confidence that I would be a good home school teacher. I think supplementing what they learn in school is really important though, and that is something I do feel confident I can do well.

As far as time, we don’t do something every day. Usually it’s just a few times a week and honestly it is easier than staying home. Stacy, you are by far one of the best home school moms I know. I know others that are really really good, so this is a high compliment.

Boquinha said...

Thanks, April. This comment is SO kind--thank you. Your comment "I don't have confidence that I would be a good home school teacher" is one of the most common ones. I think you'd be great. But I also think that what you're doing is great, too! Again, thank you so much for this. What a bright spot for me!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Oh good. I'm glad that made you feel good because what I meant to say was even better. You ARE the best home school mom I know.

Boquinha said...

:P How behind am I on blogging? Just wanted to say "thank you" for this very kind, very generous comment. Wow!