Journals on PBS

Photobucket

This is a project I created for Scrapbook Memories TV (a PBS scrapbooking show). I made the cover and my BIL Kraig bound the book for me. Last spring I was supposed to go to Ohio to tape this segment but decided to just let the hosts do it. It would have worked out just fine to go because I had to be in Pennsylvania the next day anyway, but I decided even though I'd only be gone a total of three days, that one extra day away from my kids was too much. It was a crazy trip. I was in Philly one day, then I had a meeting in both New Jersey and New York the next day. I drove from Philly to NYC for my second time that trip. It is such an empowering feeling to drive to NYC by yourself :) I can't tell you how much I love doing that. I love traveling on planes and figuring out how to get places by myself too.

I found the video online if anyone wants to watch it. If you are a digital scrapbooker you'll know the hosts didn't exactly know what they were doing but it's ok. You can see the video here. Jill's little boy Weston is in one of the pictures. I think it's lame you have to register to see the videos, so I'll give you my user name and password. However, it's free to register if you just want to.

user name: april@digitalscrapbookmemories.com
password: DSM

After you sign in, if you don't automatically get the right video you can search for SM_13012.
If you aren't automatically taken to the segment.

If I went to the show to tape the segment I would have concentrated on these three things:

1) Why journals are important, even if you scrapbook.
2) How to take existing scrapbook pages and alter them for other projects. I created this journal really quick by taking the scrapbook page shown below and altering it a bit.
3) How to turn your handwriting into digital form. See Megan's name on the cover? I had her write her name using a black sharpie on a white piece of paper, then I scanned it and turned it into a brush. You can learn how to make a brush here in my tips section on my website. It's soooooo easy!

Photobucket

By the way... for those of you who have said you don't have enough money for Photoshop, you are wrong. Well, unless $20 is too much for you. You can buy older versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements on Ebay for really cheap. I got some for $10 actually. I'd look for new, unopened ones so it's legal.

2 comments:

susan said...

I remember you showing this at one of the classes. I wanted to make one, but kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder. It is so cute.

Lisa W said...

I was totally laugh when she was resizing the paper. Good thing it wasn't a patterned paper.

Cute idea though. Quick and easy gift ideas too.