Style

These are some pictures of my dad's from about 1973. It baffles my mind that this was ever in style. It's so funny to me. I remember thinking in the late 80's how disgusting the 70's styles were, but now I look back and I definitely think the same of the 80's. Geez. I used to think bright neon stretch pants were really cool. The 90's didn't seem so horrible but I laugh at the oversized shirts and rolled up jeans I used to wear. Style is just so funny to me. It is amazing to me that we all conform to it. Kind of makes me feel like a cow following the rest of the herd.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Boquinha said...

You're reading my mind, April! I've had style on my mind, too. I've decided that it's good that I'm not trendy for this very reason--I stick to mainly jeans and white shirts and cardigans and that's always in style since it's classic. I figure people who dress trendy feel good now, but they'll be laughing and saying, "What was I thinking?" years from now. :P (At least that's what I tell myself . . . ). :P

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! Are all those guys wearing pocket protectors! These pictures are hilarious! I have to admit that I am one of the cows. I don't follow "trends" as much as I do "styles". I too have worn many baggy shirts in my day!

Jillo said...

THose are some SHORT skirts. Whoo whoo! I love to look at old pictures like these. What were they thinking? But they probably did feel like a million bucks. My style tends to follow Boquina's, just replace the cardigans with a zip up hoodie and throw on some white tennis shoes. I always swore I wouldn't be "that" kind of a mom, but I am. What can you do? Oh, and I can't resist a 70's print flower shirt. That's what I like to wear when I am dressing up. =)

Renae said...

Those pictures are pretty funny. I think it's funny that I think the ties those guys are wearing are pretty cool. Kyle has me converted on big "fatty" ties.

Hayley said...

Is Uncle John in the middle on the 3rd picture? I can't tell. We were the weirdest things in Jr. High and High school...I used to fold my pants over and roll them up too!

Hayley said...

Is Uncle John in the middle on the 3rd picture? I can't tell. We were the weirdest things in Jr. High and High school...I used to fold my pants over and roll them up too!