Tag

My cousin Hayley tagged me.

8 Things I am Passionate About:

Keith
Luke
Megan
My extended family
The things my church teaches me
Scrapbooking/Journaling
Photography
Vacations

8 Things I Have Learned From My Past:

*Fake it 'till you make it. For example, if you aren't happy, put on a fake smile and one day if you do it long enough you won't be faking it anymore. Another example is to tell yourself you love to clean the dishes. If you do it long enough with a good attitude you can truly find joy in cleaning the dishes.
*The theory of reciprocity. My dad taught me when I got married that either person will often think they are doing more than the other. You can dwell on that and lower what you are doing to what you think the other is doing or you can try to change things. The best way to get your spouse to do more is to do more yourself. If you give 110% your spouse will notice and improve how much they are doing. Doing just a little more than them doesn't work - you have to really put in an effort. I need to take this advice and do it more often.
*Jumping off a bridge does not make you cool.
*Prayer works. I promise.
*It's not ok to eat everything you want when you are pregnant.
*Life can be really happy if you focus on the good things.
*Look for sprinkler lines before chopping down everything that gets in your way.
*Don't leave the stove unattended.

8 Places I Would Love to Go See or Visit (I'm always surprised how different my answers are from everyone else - most people seem to list mainly European countries):

Tahitii
The Red Sea to scuba dive
Mt. Cook in New Zealand
Madagascar
Machu Picchu in Peru
Greece
Rio de Janeiro
Iceland

8 Things I Currently Need or Want:

Money (just telling the truth)
Pedicure
More storage space
A hug
More self-discipline
A house cleaner
A personal chef
A vacation

Tag. You are all it. It would be fun to read your answers.

3 comments:

Jillo said...

Does that dishes thing really work? I need to try that.
I also love your list of places to see. Very inspiring. Can I come with you when you go?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think I'll do this on Friday. Thanks for the inspiration, April!

I admit that I failed the "don't eat everything when your're pregnant" law. I was in severe violation of that one.

susan said...

I love your attitude!