Every Fall...

Every fall I get so excited to go up the mountains and see the beautiful leaves and take pictures. Somehow though, the days go by way to quickly and I rarely do it! This picture is from one of the only years I have actually done it. Our mountains are so beautiful, it's a shame I don't take advantage of the beauty and get up there more in the fall time. This year I WILL MAKE IT!!! I will remember that the leaves change much earlier in the mountains than down in the valley and I'll get up there in time. It's probably gorgeous up there now. I better check it out this week.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

Omigosh, April, we LOVE fall pictures. Seasons are so beautiful. We get some GREAT fall photos here with all the trees and field--so beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

J Fo said...

I do the same thing and then before you no it...there's snow! The funny thing is that I just told Greg a few minutes ago that we are going to drive up the canyon this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors! It's pictures like these that make me remember how much I miss those mountains.

I love the subtle edge you added to your picture. Do you use an action to do that?

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

No, I just select around the outside of the picture with the marquee tool, then I feather it a bit, select inverse and drop some black or brown paint in it. Easy. Ask you have more questions.