Just For Fun

Here are some of my favorite pictures from MSNBC's picture stories. Since the first couple days of the Olympics I haven't watched much of the games on TV. I've seen a few clips on youtube or MSNBC but not much. I really love the Olympics but there is just too much to watch, isn't there? Some of these sports really fascinate me. More than anything though... I love looking through the pictures. I would absolutely love to be a photographer for the Olympics or at the very least be talented enough to be a photographer worthy of the Olympics. I enjoy the stories behind several of these photos but I'm mainly posting them because I love how artistic and beautiful these pictures are.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Does anyone know I did the high jump my first year in high school at Highland HS? I wasn't any good but I enjoyed learning that sport and working out with a coach. I got to participate a little bit in the shotput, discus and long jump too. I was better at those sports but we didn't concentrate on those for some reason. I got to participate a little bit in the shotput, discus and long jump too. I was better at those sports but we didn't concentrate on those for some reason. I ran track and played volleyball too. When I moved to Cottonwood HS I didn't know about volleyball try outs until it was half way done. I didn't make the team and it crushed me. I didn't try out for anything again. I really regret that. I regret that I let my pride stop me from trying something else. I really loved being in sports at Highland and have always missed it.

When I fail at things now, I try to remember how much I missed by giving up in high school. Remembering that helps me want to push harder and be better. I now know that you have to fail to succeed, so bring on the failure so I can succeed faster!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Diving is one of my favorite sports to watch.

Photobucket

Moms are awesome!

Photobucket

What an emotional moment. I loved watching this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the colors and everything about this picture. I especially love that the photographer was able to get above the group.

Photobucket

I am totally impressed with the athlete's muscles. Wow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is an awesome picture. I love the green, red and white.

Photobucket

I want to know what she is thinking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really love this sport too. In a way it's kind of silly to have a jumping contest but I LOVE it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again, I wish I could be the photographer. Being the amazing athlete would be great too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Brooke said...

All of those pictures are absolutely amazing! I've probably watched more Olympics this year than any other time, for some reason. My favorites have been swimmin, gymnastics, and diving. :)

And the blog looks great, too! :)

Renae said...

Wow, those pictures are totally amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

These photos are just breathtaking! But I have to disagree that there is too much to watch....NEVER TOO MUCH TO WATCH!