A Dinner to Remember


Almost a year ago I was asked to serve in the stake Relief Society presidency. This weekend we had a stake conference that two of our general authorities attended. Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve, and Elder Rafael E. Pino both came. Because of my calling in the Relief Society, I got to help put on a dinner for these men, their wives, and about 16 other stake leaders and spouses. It was a neat opportunity. I love the ladies I work with and enjoyed working on this assignment with them, especially since this was such an easy and fun assignment. I also loved the opportunity to serve an apostle, as well as Elder Pino, a new general authority in the church. They were both just as nice and friendly as you would hope they would be.

These church leaders came because our stake presidency was being reorganized today. I've really enjoyed the last stake presidency and I have loved the counsel they shared with me. I'm excited for the new stake presidency too and I'm looking forward to serving with them.

Conference was really nice. I especially enjoyed listening since I had just met Elder Pino, Elder Nelson, and their wives. Their wives talks were my favorite. Sister Nelson encouraged Sister Pino to speak in English without a translator for the first time. She did great. It was fun to see her do so well. I absolutely believe the Lord has his hand in who leads and directs our church and I'm grateful for the opportunity we all have to learn from these leaders.

Here is a link to a page with several videos testifying of Christ. If you don't know who Elder Nelson is you can click on his name to hear a message from him.

0 comments: