30 Days of Science - Day 24


The next time you see a newspaper bag, save it.  Use the bag to try this experiment.   A newspaper bag won't be that exciting, but it's a cheap way to try it and test Bernoulli's Principle.  Diaper Genie bags or these bags will be extra fun like what you saw in the video. 

I asked Luke if he understood Bernoulli's Principle and how this windbag experiment worked.  When he said yes, I asked him to explain it better to me.  I thought he would give me the simple answer about air pressure, but instead he got into detail and started explaining how airplanes lift off the ground!  I didn't even know the two were related!  Albert Einstein once said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough".  I think of that every time Luke explains things to me because he can explain things so easily. 

Oh and one more thing... did you know firefighters use this principle for getting smoke out of a house?  You can read more about that as well as more on the windbag experiment here.





0 comments: