Genealogy Week

Photobucket


This isn't my picture. I just thought it was interesting. I got it off Flickr here. Wouldn't this be a fun picture to discover of your own ancestors?

I declare this week to be Genealogy Week. At least for me. If you read my last post you know I'm excited about tracing my roots. Seriously excited. As A.C. said on his blog, I have caught the genealogy bug. Oh how I hope it lasts. It is fun to be this excited about something.

Looking back to August 2008, I have some neat blog posts on genealogy. Back then the genealogy bug hadn't bit me and my enthusiasm died quickly. However, I'm really excited about the posts I posted back then. I posted some pretty pictures and collages of my ancestors. My favorite post is on August 29, 2008 where I discuss my deep Utah roots. It's pretty fascinating to me. If you are a blood relative, you should really read it. If you aren't a blood relative, it still might give you some great ideas on what to learn about your ancestors, and how to display the information gather.

In perfect timing for my self declared Genealogy Week, there is a show starting on NBC called Who Do You Think You Are. It premieres on March 5th. The show follows various stars as they learn about their roots. Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Sarandon, Spike Lee, Brooke Shields, Lisa Kudrow and others all have episodes where they are featured. Watch the previews here.

1 comments:

Jagged Rocks said...

Good luck with the Genealogy, hopefully you won't hit the dead end that I hit. I guess that is what happens when you have very little to go on, and the one person that can help, won't.