30 Days of Pictures - Day 6

I have loved writing in a journal since I was 8 years old. I have great memories of writing in my journal. Here are most of my journal books. I like journaling on the computer now.

Photobucket
In other news....

Photobucket

This is my favorite picture Megan has ever drawn. I love it. She drew each of our family members in the windows which absolutely melts my heart. She learned about Temples in Sunday School today. If you are curious what they teach kids in our church, you could read today's lesson by clicking here.

Megan also got to give a talk in Primary today. She suggested talking about her Grandpa Pope so I helped her write this. Actually she wasn't that interested in helping me so I wrote most of it and ran the ideas past her.

It’s important to learn about our ancestors. Our ancestors are people in our family that lived before us. I have one very special grandpa my mom and dad tell me about. He died a long time ago. He is my Grandpa Pope. When I learn about him, I learn about things I can do to be a better person.

My grandpa loved nature and being outside, just like me. One of his favorite plants is sagebrush. I learned about sagebrush this summer on a camping trip when I was studying to be a junior ranger. Here is the badge I got. I think my grandpa would be happy to know that I don’t go off trail when I’m hiking and I clean up litter when I see it. Maybe we can go hiking together one day when we both live in heaven.

My Grandpa Pope was an officer in the army during WWII. He led his men into a very scary battle on Omaha Beach. He was shot in the elbow, but continued to fight and lead his men even though his arm was useless. My grandpa’s actions helped save a lot of lives that day and he got a medal for his bravery.

Remembering my grandpa’s bravery can help me be brave when I am at school or with friends and I have to make a choice. I can be strong and choose the right, even when it’s hard.

My grandpa was a good man who had a testimony of the church and taught his family to believe in Jesus Christ. My grandpa died in a car accident when he was only 48. He was killed by a drunk driver. Alcohol makes your brain fizzy and fuzzy and Heavenly Father doesn’t want us to drink it. I promised my mom I would never drink alcohol. When I think of my grandpa I can always be reminded of the danger of alcohol.

0 comments: