Upcoming Classes and Another Sneak Peak

Photobucket

Above is another sneak peak at the upcoming DSM CD. I think that Facebook Flair is so fun, I thought I would make some high resolution flair for scrapbooking.

I've been asked to teach several classes at CK's Digital Scrapbook Experience in Provo, UT in September. It looks like they have several amazing teachers. It's nice to be included in that group.

Here are the classes I'll be teaching:

Basic Tablet Techniques
In this intermediate class, students will learn how to complement existing digi kits with their own unique papers and elements they create using a pen tablet. Students will be able to practice with and experience the general feel of the tablet, and learn the basic functions of the pen tablet. This is a hands-on workshop where each student will be able to practice using a Wacom pen tablet. Students will use the tablets while using such programs as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Students will learn to use their pen tablets to make doodles, and then turn those doodles into colored paper pieced elements.

Digital Introduction for the Novice Scrapbooker
This is a refresher course for those novice digital scrapbookers who need a refresher before class starts on Friday** In this beginning scrapbooking class students will experience the ease of which pages can be created using Photoshop Elements. They will learn the basic properties of exploring the workspace, as well as photo manipulation. In the class we will assemble a basic scrapbook page. Students will receive a CD of kits and elements which they will be able to keep. They will use these kits to create and print a page to take home with them.

Undecided Third Class
I'm trying to change the topic of what they asked me to teach. I want to teach a hybrid class.




This event is a lot more expensive than our DSM retreats but I know they are a lot of fun. I've been to several (non-digital) before and loved them. Let me know if you go so I can look for you.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh April I love your new stuff! I love the flair idea! It's super cute. Wish I could go to some of your classes. I guess it would help if I actually sat down and scrapbooked too...hehe :)

Amy said...

Oh my goodness April!!! I had no idea about this event...I went over to their website and am everything but drooling over all the classes! I want to go sooo bad. I'm sure you will do great.