Never Before

Photobucket

Picture by Philippe Sainte-Laudy

I have never enjoyed a winter as much as this one. Everytime it snows I am so excited to look outside and see it's beauty. I have especially loved all of the days where the snow packs down on the side roads and the entire neighborhood is a gorgeous white. Today the snow was a different kind of beautiful. The thick snow flocked all of the trees and yards, but quickly melted on the sidewalks and roads. It was even more perfect because we had beautiful blue skies. Ahhhh! It's almost all melted now, but I enjoyed it while I could.

I think taking the time for winter sports has certainly helped me enjoy the winter more. I'm also enjoying this winter more because I am happier. The past few years have been frustrating, but I've been trying much much harder to find joy in everything. It's taken a lot of work to change my mindset, but after several months it's working and it feels so good.

4 comments:

Emily said...

it was that way here too-snow on the grass but not the streets or sidewalks. now that's MY kind of snow.

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

It was beautiful this morning. I love your positive attitude. I will take some pointers.

Boquinha said...

Wow, that's not something I've been hearing a lot of. Most people I know are so DONE with winter. I don't like being cold (brrrrrrr). But I can relate when it comes to summer--I love it and don't generally wish to hurry into cold. :P

DottieLou said...

it was beautiful that day ... I was wishing I could have stayed home to take photos before it melted... I love this picture by the way