Three Pictures

Yesterday we had an awesome time at my friend Lenny's house. His house is beautiful and his yard is to die for. He has incredible views of the entire valley. My sister Angie and I took our kids sledding in his backyard. It was so much fun. I'll post on that later.

I took a lot of pictures I liked yesterday but these three are the ones I'm the most proud of. I experimented with the aperture of my camera and FINALLY figured out how to take a decent sunset picture. I'm excited.

I love this picture so much! Doesn't Lenny have the greatest view? We took Luke's skis to Lenny's so he could spend a couple minutes showing off his skills. The hill is actually small, you'll see later when I post more pictures.

Photobucket

This was taken on a quick drive by. My sweet sister knew how bad I wanted a picture of the temple with the sunset so she turned around and found a good spot for me to take a picture. There was no place to park but no one was behind us for a few seconds so she stopped and I took the picture super fast. Luckily I had my camera settings the way I needed them after I took the picture of the Utah Capital shown below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

Jillo said...

These pictures are wonderful! I love the one of Luke, you should blow that up and put it in his room.

DottieLou said...

great pictures

Angie LeBaron said...

Yeah! That one of Luke is amazing! Look at the sky! Wow! So cool! I love the temple picture too. That is funny how we took that picture driving by. You have quite good aim and a great eye to capture it so quick. Awesome!

Madeline Johnson said...

Awesome pictures April. I especially love the temple one.

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

Awesome pictures! Do you go and ski and sled and all of these super fun things you do after school? How do you find the time? Looks like tons of fun.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Yes, always after school. I don't think it's that hard as long as we are home by 6 and have a couple hours to unwind before bedtime. I try to remember to keep books in the car so Luke can do his reading homework while we drive. We often practice his spelling words on the road too.

Renae said...

Wow April! Those pictures are amazing!

susan said...

AMAZING pictures! I need to spend a few hours with my owners manual and figure out my camera!

Jason & Kelli West said...

Beautiful pictures April! I can't believe you got that temple shot so fast! It is so beautiful!! It looks like the sledding was a ton of fun!!! You are a fun mom, I wouldn't have minded you as my mom. You always do so much with your kids!!

Mindee said...

The temple shot is beautiful. You are so talented!

Emily said...

that temple shot is amazing! you should sell it!