Can I please repeat this day?

Photobucket

Yesterday was great. I want to repeat it! First, I volunteered to clean the new Draper Temple in the morning. I got to walk around every bit of the temple. I opened doors, looked into open attic spaces, everything. I didn't get to go in the Celestial room because it had already been cleaned, but they let us peek in there. Wow!!! Wait until you see the light fixture in there!

The temple isn't dedicated yet so anyone (whether you belong to my church or not) can go in there now. You can get tickets here.

They were still putting the alters in some of the sealing rooms. It was fun to see them unfinished but best of all was watching a man put gold leafing on the design of the alter. It was pretty interesting. He let me take some of it home to my kids. It breaks really easy so I didn't get a lot home, but I glued what I had into one of my old paper journals. They glue the 23 carrot gold onto the alter so I figured it would work to glue it into my journal.

If any of you have questions about the temple I'm happy to answer them. Even if your questions start with something really weird you heard. There are so many crazy rumors that people hear about our church, I really like being able to help people understand the truth. Sometimes what you hear and think is weird is really something we do or believe, but a lot of the time it's totally false. There have been a lot of misleading things in the media this past year that make me cringe. Sometimes I wonder why our church doesn't do more to correct these things in the media, but maybe they can't or maybe it doesn't matter. I don't know.

When I got home from the temple we went ice skating at the Olympic Ice Rink. I've never been there before but I will be back for sure! What an incredible facility. Yesterday they had a free learn to skate clinic (I wish I would have called you). The kids went off on their own for a mini lesson and I went off for one too. We all learned a lot in just 20 minutes or so. Megan can now skate on her own! Luke can stop, skate faster and skate backwards. I learned how to stop without using a spin. I usually spin to stop but the way I learned yesterday is much easier and allows me to stop faster. Yay! The rink wasn't that crowded for a free learn to skate program and we stayed until the very end and had about 15 minutes with hardly anyone there. I was able to figure out how to spin in place multiple times as well as skate and spin as I go. Trust me, I'm NOT even a tiny bit graceful but it is still fun and exciting. I also can skate backwards now (I learned that the last time we went). It's so exciting to me.

5 comments:

Ursula Page said...

I adore watching kids ice skate...so much fun. Love the pics!

Amy said...

You realize how jealous I am right now, right? How fun for you guys! Let's make plans to go this week! Wes gets home Wed. morning and can take E. You can teach me all your stellar moves!

susan said...

I love how you included so many pictures. Looks like fun!

Emily said...

I got to help clean the Albuquerque temple before it was dedicated. I wasn't endowed yet, and it was my first time inside a temple (other than the baptistry). I was in awe of how beautiful it was. I got to vacuum the celestial room the day before President Hinckley dedicated it, it was so neat. And I got to sit in one of the endowment rooms during the dedication, and my dad gave the closing prayer. It was such a cool experience. My brother and parents live less than a mile from the new Draper temple so they've been busy helping out too. I love this stuff.

Angie LeBaron said...

Fun pictures! What lucky kids! You do so many fun things with them. I am proud of you learning how to skate. I can only go forwards and then have to run into a wall to stop. (: