My Side of the Family

Photobucket

This is a fun picture of my side of the family from Erin's wedding last summer. I think the photographer did a great job. I can't remember his name right now but I'll ask Erin if anyone wants to know.

My dad's parents are on the left side, and my mom's dad is on the right. My brother and sister-in-law are standing on the left, my sister and brother-in-law are standing on the right. The bride is also my sister. There are four siblings.

It's strange not to have my mom's mom in the picture. She did almost exactly a year ago, on Christmas Eve. Although it was a tragedy to loose her, I don't think loosing someone you love at Christmastime is horrible. Because she died on Christmas Eve, we will always be together on the anniversary of her death to remember her. It brings me comfort to know my grandpa will always be surrounded by his family on that day.

I was close to my grandma and think of her all the time, especially as I drive by all the places we used to eat. We loved to eat out together. Keith was sweet and told me that it's neat I am able to have so many reminders of the places we did go together, rather than regrets of the places we said we would go.

My sister Angie made my grandpa a really sweet gift this year. It took a lot of work but she got everyone in the family to answer questions about my grandma. She compiled all of the answers and (with the help of my cousin Renae) put them in a book with pictures. It is a beautiful book and I truly appreciate Angie for putting the book together.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the flowers! What a beautiful picture!

Boquinha said...

What a great picture! It sounds like you have some really neat memories with your grandmother--that's so great.

*Heather said...

What a beautiful family you have April!!! You are very blessed! ;)

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

I think that is an awesome picture! with so many people it is amazing to get that good of a picture. Everyone is looking and smiling at the camera. This does not happen for me ever!

Jillo said...

THis is wonderful! I love the colors all together. Someday I will be so fabulous. =)

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Herzog said...

I love the photo and the colors of Erins wedding! You have a beautiful family!!

susan said...

Great picture! Everyone looks so good- I especially love Noelle.