So Excited!

Photobucket

I'm so excited!!! Thursday I got tickets for the show, So You Think You Can Dance. Friday, I bought tickets to LA. Monday I fly out, watch the show (it's pre-taped), then fly back. Yes, all in the same day. I'm going with my mom. We both love the show and fortunately she is crazy enough to go with me. I've only told a couple people but their response is always, "I didn't know you were such a fan". Ha ha. Yes, I am definitely a fan but I still wouldn't classify myself that way. To me, this is as neat of a performance as a Broadway show. The talent on this show is incredible and I am so excited to be able to see it live.

I'm so weird with money. We need towels, underwear and blinds but I can't stand to pay the money for them so I don't. However, $500 for a single, one day trip to LA doesn't bother me a bit. Paying money for entertainment never bothers me. I love getting out. Keith is the complete opposite but he is SO NICE this time and didn't even hesitate to tell me I could go. I couldn't believe it. Since he is being so nice I'm going to have a much better time because I won't feel guilty.

Click on the links below to see a couple of my favorite dances from the show:

Katee and Joshua - My favorite dance from this season so far! These two are also my favorite dancers in the competition. They both seem so humble and nice and I've been extremely impressed with everything they've danced except the West Coast Swing, which they did ok with. It's hard to compare after watching Benji, Lacey and Heidi who are masters at that form of dance.

So, the whole idea behind the show is it takes really amazing dancers and has them learn all sorts of types of dance. For example Joshua is a hip hop dancer yet he has to learn contemporary, ballroom, etc. etc. It's amazing to think a hip hop dancer can learn to do this with his legs and hips in such a short time!

Travis and Heidi - One of the most memorable dances from season 2. FYI - the actual dance is from 1:35 to about 3:00 on the video.

I first heard about Imogen Heap from this show. I LOVE her music. It's amazing. Here are two dances to her songs. These dances are a little weird but I still enjoy them and the music is incredible! Group Dance 1 Group Dance 2

Here is another fun dance from my favorite season (2). The actual dance is from about 1:15 to 2:40 if you want to skip forward.

10 comments:

Boquinha said...

WOW! Congratulations! You sound very excited!! I think it's great! :)

Brooke said...

Lucky you! This is the first season I've watched SYTYCD. I can't believe how those people can MOVE!Have lots of fun!

Stacy said...

April I am sooo jealous that you and your mom are getting to take this trip together. I really haven't been into SYTYCD at all, but it sounds like you will have a good time watching it. I will have to tune in and see if I can see you and your mom in the audience! I hope you guys have a great trip!

Emily said...

Have so much fun! Awesome.

Jillo said...

You will have a blast! We are jealous over here. You will hvae a great time.

Barb said...

I am so jealous and so excited for you! Joshua and Twitch are my faves this year, but I really love everybody!

J Fo said...

Hey, this is Greg Foley's wife, Jessica. We are HUGE fans of the show! I hope that you have a fun trip out there. This year has been that hardest to pick favorites because I like so many of them, but I really like "Twitchington" a lot. (I'm totally growing my hair out to look like hers!) Have Fun!

Lisa W said...

Have a great time April.
Lisa

Alyson said...

This is so cool!! I started watching this show last season, and I love it. Any totally amazing dances I should be looking forward to this week?

I also really love Katee and Joshua, and I love Twitch as well. I hope you had fun seeing the show live.

supermombritt said...

I knew you were a fan. I remember waiting in line for the tram one summer and you just had to watch it while we waited. I think it was the cousins from Utah that were on. Have fun and I am taking the torch to my blog.