Home From Vacation

Photobucket

We spent the weekend in St. George, UT. Our *awesome* friends, Ian and Jodi Peterson, invited us to stay with them at their parent's vacation house. The house was beautiful. It was very comfortable and we had lots of room. Best of all we were in great company with Ian, Jodi and their son.

Saturday night Jodi and I left the kids with the boys and we went to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn Theater. It was awesome! I really loved it. I've never seen Les Mis before and truly loved the story. Jodi has seen Les Mis in London and NYC but still thought this performance was wonderful. The Tuacahn theater is an outdoor theater at the base of a beautiful red rock cliff. There were fireworks and other things you could never have at a theater in NYC. I loved it. St. George is super hot in the summer but it was manageable in the dark and certainly didn't stop the theater from selling all 1200 seats. I can't wait to go back. Here is a link to the theater. I wish they had better pictures.

The picture above on the right is of the "Short and Scary Hike" we went on. It was totally fun. If you look EXTREMELY close you can see the sunlight peaking through the crack in the wall. The super short hike goes through that crack. I could have barley squeezed through it (I think) but I hated the feeling of not being able to turn my head as I squeezed through. Luke ended up being the only one who braved this hike this time. I was so happy he did it. Keith ran to the top to get him when he came out and I watched from below.

We swam both Friday and Saturday. My kids were AMAZING! Amazing to me at least. I was so proud of them. Luke was doing all the things he was scared to do in swimming lessons. He was floating on his back and jumping in the deep end. He was wearing floaties but was still doing much more than in swimming lessons. He went clear under the water a bunch of times which was impressive because he's been so scared to do this. I think the goggles I bought them really helped.

9 comments:

Boquinha said...

Awesome! I think goggles are key. I really do. Such great pictures! Sure seems fun!

Emily said...

My sister lives just down the street from Tuacahn, but we've never been to a show when we visit--we'll have to try it next time. I've also done that hike but some *ahem* upper-body parts of mine were too big to squeeze through and I had to go back.

Boquinha said...

LOL, Emily! I so wouldn't have that problem--I'm an A. Of course my swimsuit has all kinds of extra space in the tops. :P

I love hearing discussions between tall and short girls, bigger and smaller girls. Grass is always greener, I guess, eh? :P

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Too funny... that's where I got stuck too.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Now that I think of it... I think I could have got through but I hated the feeling of not being able to move my head and if I didn't want to get stuck and have to walk backwards blind because I couldn't turn my head the other way. No thanks :)

Lynnette said...

How fun! Looks like the perfect little getaway. I love that little hike through the crack, we used to do it in college all the time. Not sure if I'd still fit after having two kids!

Boquinha said...

Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm getting claustrophobic just thinking about it!

Jillo said...

Les Miserables' is only my all time favorite musical!! I am glad you got to enjoy it in such a beautiful place. Now we just need to head to broadway and watch it. You would love it!
Glad you had a great trip.

Stacy said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! We missed you and Megan last night.